On a much more joyful note, Ralph and Karen joined this evening. They’re staying for a few days, in part, to discuss some of the details for ‘the event’, now that there’s only 351 days to go!
After a tasty meal of home-made shepherds’ pie plus the obligatory quantity of alcohol, we sat down to watch Centurion, a sort of Gladiator-lite but with (even) more blood and (much) less of a story.
Starring Michael Fassbender, it’s certainly not a film to watch whilst eating your kebab if you’re squeamish. It didn’t hold-back in the blood department or the ‘thuds’ and ‘squelching’ sounds during the numerous fight-scenes – yuk! – and was the most graphically violent films I’ve ever seen. On the plus side, the scenery was stunning and the sound-track was pretty good too! Definitely worth a watch – just don’t eat at the same time!
- Thrilling Clip From 'Centurion' (screenrant.com)
- MOVIES: 'Centurion' Isn't Just Violent, It's Bloody Stupid (kitsapsun.com)
- Review: Centurion (cinematical.com)
- Why You Need to Start Paying Attention to Michael Fassbender (cinematical.com)
- DVD: Centurion (15) (independent.co.uk)
- Centurion Review (screenrant.com)