Friday, December 15, 2006

Good Technology Day


It looks as if I may have solved the problem with my XDA. In truth, I'm not sure what I did to fix it though... :)

I rolled back to an earlier version of 'PhoneAlarm' (although I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem). I then restored an old data backup after hard resetting the device for the fifth time! I then installed (and then uninstalled) 'AlarmToday' by the same author as 'PhoneAlarm'. I did this because I found a post on the DeveloperOne Forum that suggested that another user had tried this and it fixed the alarm-not-sounding problem.

Anyway, after doing all that, it didn't seem to make any difference whatsoever - no alarms and no message pop-ups.

Then, just as I arrived at the clients yesterday morning, an alarm went off on the XDA reminding me to chase an unpaid invoice. Yippee!!!! Looks like things are back to normal. I'm going to carry out a few more tests to see if it really is working properly.

Update: Friday, 11.40. It's all working fine and I even managed to get Agenda Fusion v8.10 installed and now all my task templates are working again!